Prompt: In Emily Dickinson’s “I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain,” the speaker experiences a mind that seems to work against her. Sometimes our own thoughts can make a situation feel worse than it actually is. Describe a time when overthinking, worrying, or doubting yourself affected the way you handled a situation. What did you learn from the experience?
A time where overthinking and worrying affected the way I handled something was when I had to do a Lab in Physics and I had no friends to work with. I ended up in a random group with people I don't know outside of school. That overall made the lab less interesting for me and i think it affected my performance in the lab too. I also think that i did the least work because I was less motivated. We passed the lab so it wasn't all bad but i definitely could have done better. I learned how to make do with what I had.
Summary: We read a poem about moving on from a relationship.
Reflection: I learned how to analyze a poem. I will definitely look at things that I read more in depth.
Comments
Post a Comment